Master of Computer Applications (MCA) at ABES Engineering College provides a vibrant learning environment that acts as a catalyst for the growth of the student’s academic as well as professional abilities. MCA@ABES offers a platform to the students for excellent learning with distinctive strengths in software development and entrepreneurship, contributing to the most needed trained professional manpower for India and the world. The Department of Computer Applications emphasizes on seminars, competitions, group discussions, quizzes to inculcate the art of exploring and to hone communication skills. In addition, special guest lectures and talks by invited experts covering latest developments and trends in the field of computer science and applications foster an environment of advanced learning and innovation. The students of the department, apart from winning awards in various co-curricular contests, have also been earning consistently top academic honors.
Highlights of MCA Program
· MCA is an AICTE approved post-graduation program spread over six semesters (3 years) as well as four semesters (2 years) for lateral entry and exclusively designed to meet the constantly evolving IT industry requirements.
· Excellent placement of students in last years with more than 80% students placed in reputed companies.
· Hi-tech campus with round the clock Wi-Fi facility, multimedia enabled & AC classrooms.
· In-house training courses and certifications from IBM, Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, SAP and Rockwell to enhance higher level employability.
· Modern teaching techniques like use of animations, spoken tutorials, virtual labs and video lectures.
· Professional society memberships and student chapters of CSI, IEEE, IETE, ISTE, ACM etc.
· Qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty having past association with IITs, NITs and other reputed universities.
· Dynamic Learning
Become better engineers and technologists as you learn with projects, extensive workshops, webinars, presentations and hands-on activities.
· Build Career not just a Job
Enhance your employability by sharpening your skills like leadership qualities, communication with our personality development programs and pave you path for productive career in the software industry.
· Cutting-edge Infrastructure
An ideal infrastructure combined with fully air conditioned classrooms, labs, conference rooms, library and seminar rooms to supplement the learning objectives.
· Technologically-rich Campus
Wi-Fi enabled campus has latest software, educational aids and equipment to facilitate learning.
· Learning Resource Center
The digital library with its books, magazines and journals (online and print) covers all facets of engineering, IT and research.
· Industry –Academia Partnership
In order to bridge the gap between academics and industry, ABES has signed MoU with Tech-Mahindra. ABES has also signed MoU with Microsoft and established ‘Microsoft IT Academy’. Our other training partners are Cisco and Rockwell.
· World of Opportunities
Students at ABES is opened to endless opportunities which includes various centre of excellences, memberships to different societies, certifications and hobby clubs
The Department of MCA will strive to become a recognized centre of excellence in education and research in the field of computer applications by the year 2020, producing highly competent, dedicated and industry-ready professionals steeped in ethical values.
The department of MCA will provide its students and faculty with a challenging environment for teaching-learning, research and innovation that will infuse in its students:
· A passion to excel professionally.
· A spirit to be of the utmost use to industry, corporate sector and the society at large.
· An intense desire to take on challenging responsibilities and leadership roles.
· An innate desire to innovate and explore new ideas.
· A craving to be wholesome good human being.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
PEO1 Graduates of the programme will have successful technical or professional Careers.
PEO2 Graduates of the programme will continue to learn and to adapt in a world of constantly evolving technology.
PEO3 Graduates of the programme will display high ethical standards and be good citizens.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
1. Computational Knowledge:
Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization, mathematics, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialization to the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements.
2. Problem Analysis:
Identify, formulate, research literature, and solve complex computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, computing sciences, and relevant domain disciplines.
3. Design /Development of Solutions:
Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, and design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex Computing problems:
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool Usage:
Create, select, adapt and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern computing tools to complex computing activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Professional Ethics:
Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities, and norms of professional computing practices.
7. Life-long Learning:
Recognize the need, and have the ability, to engage in independent learning for continual development as a computing professional.
8. Project management and finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the computing and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
9. Communication Efficacy:
Communicate effectively with the computing community, and with society at large, about complex computing activities by being able to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and understand clear instructions.
10. Societal and Environmental Concern:
Understand and assess societal, environmental, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues within local and global contexts, and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional computing practices.
11. Individual and Team Work:
Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Innovation and Entrepreneurship:
Identify a timely opportunity and using innovation to pursue that opportunity to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.