The only source of knowledge is experience.” - Albert Einstein
Laboratory activities have long had a distinctive and central role in the curriculum and experts have suggested that many benefits accrue from engaging students in laboratory activities. The department of Applied Sciences and Humanities respects the fact that innovations are inevitable only if students get the opportunity to explore and manipulate ideas in labs.
The department has the following labs focused towards nurturing young minds in practical aspects of fundamental sciences.
- Physics Lab - An important basic sciences laboratory which explores the mysteries of nature. An essential and integral part of all the engineering sciences.
- Chemistry Lab - A natural science lab which gives an overview of the beauties and basic functions of matter.
- Language Lab - An inevitable part of the learning system of any area of study which polishes and promotes the personalities, communication and soft-skills of the students.
Engineering being an integrative mode of study, the department of AS&H fraternizes with certain other departments for the imperforate impartation of knowledge in the form of the following labs.
- Computer Programming Lab–Computers, being a part of every engineer’s toolbox, this lab acquaints the students with computer programming to arm them for industry and broaden the horizons of computer knowledge.
- Electrical Lab - The lab where students get an insight on electrical machinery's and circuits and develop the basic skills in constructing and measuring electrical circuits using modern laboratory instruments.
- Graphics Lab- Knowledge of engineering drawing is required to develop the ability to produce and read manufacturing and construction drawings used in industry and to develop a working knowledge of the layout of plant and equipment.
- Workshop– An exposure to the workshop is required to acquire knowledge on the operations of various processes involved in manufacturing and production.
- Mechanics Lab– The lab where students learn about the practical application of the behaviour of physical bodies when subjected to forces or displacements, and the subsequent effect of the bodies on their environment.