The Department of Civil Engineering at ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad is the most imperative branch for Civil Engineering aspirants. It was established in 2011 under the UPTU code of 032 and soon become the most popular choice of young minds. The department has shaped numerous distinguished engineers who have made momentous assistances in the planning and execution of Civil Engineering projects in India as well as abroad.
The Department offers Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, a four year comprehensive program designed by UPTU and on addition ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad provides all the latest facilities to learn all the competitive skills of Civil Branch. The intake of the department every year is 120 students. The Department is well equipped with all the necessary equipment in the laboratories as prescribed by the UPTU. Utmost attention is paid in the conduct of experiments and to groom the students to meet the future challenges.
According to our institute, the importance of Civil Engineering is very well established in sphere of life. This discipline refers to the construction of Buildings, Bridges, Roads, Airports, Railways, Dams, Canals, Water Supply and Sewage Treatment plants. All such activities are accomplished under the broad categories of Surveying, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Hydraulics Engineering etc. To reach to the industries requirement Department has many Laboratories such as:
- Survey Lab
- Building Materials Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Geoinformatics Lab
- Structural Analysis Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Soil Mechanics Lab
Along with practical exposure department is stringent in imparting the software training to match the pace of changing requirements. These training are arranged in respect of Staad-Pro, Auto Cad, Computer Engineering Graphics, Prima Veera / M S Project , Sewer Cad , Water Cad.
Civil Engineering Department is augmented with the Industrial Training of 6-8 weeks along with visits to different organizations. This provides the opportunity to students to get familiar with the field practice. Also, a Surveying Camp is held for the field work. The main aim is that at the end of the completion of course, Civil Engineering graduates will be able to analyze and solve engineering problems with confidence and take care of the requirements of the industry and society.
To become a leading centre of excellence in Civil Engineering education that is highly recognized at national and international levels as well as contributes to the latest technological advancements for the sustainable development of the society.
To make the students aware of the changing environment and technological advancements by imparting globally acceptable quality of education and knowledge inclusive of ethical and moral values.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Student functions effectively as civil engineering professional in industry, government or other organizations, designing, improving, leading and implementing efficient civil engineering practices.
- Students are able to apply acquired skills in developing safe, sustainable, economical and environmentally sound solutions to civil engineering problems either within the profession or through post-graduate research
- Students apply their broad civil engineering education to effectively communicate civil engineering concepts orally and in written forms.
- Students grow professionally in their careers through continued development of technical and management skills, achievement of professional licensure, and assumption of roles of responsibility in professional service
Programme Educational Outcomes (PO)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- The broad education necessary to develop and understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Knowledge of current societal issues.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to use project and finance management tools to control and execute various projects.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.