The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad was formed in 2000 under UPTU code 032. The department provides an outstanding research environment complemented by excellence in teaching. The annual intake of students in The Department of Computer Science and Engineering is 240 in B.Tech and 24 Students in M.Tech. The department prides itself on good career opportunities for students. The students of this department graduate with about 90% employment through campus placement.
The centers of Department is to impart the knowledge about the structure, function, and applications of computers as well as the interconnection of computers. With the advancement of time and culture, this technology era has created a digital culture which not only advancing in networking but also excelling in human-computer interface. The Department has a comprehensive curriculum on topics related to all aspects of computer hardware and software with an emphasis on practical learning. The course structure is up-to-date and includes courses on nascent topics to equip our students with the latest developments. The department has tie up with various IT Companies and students are encouraged for technical interactions with industry. Such interactions are of immense important not only in maintaining the vitality of our programs, but also in continuing the up-gradation of our resources in classrooms and laboratories.
The Department of computer science will strive to become an excellence center for research and innovation in various knowledge domains within computer science and between computer science and other disciplines with focus on empowering human potential to deliver service to science and society.
To nurture an excellent learning environment and creating opportunities for an individual to emerge as a technocrat who will be able to analyze complex imminent engineering problems in society and provide innovative and fair solutions applying the knowledge of contemporary technologies and tools for the ease of its social acceptance at large.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The broader objective of Department of Computer Science & Engineering is to transform the students admitted to the program into globally competitive professionals, having a sound knowledge of fundamentals and capable of creating a niche space for themselves in one or more specialized fields and leverage their skills and knowledge for their prosperity and contribute to social and economic development of humanity. The detailed objectives are as follows:
- To impart exhaustive knowledge to the students in all the sub-domains of the Computer Science & Engineering and the fast evolving IT tools and associated areas so as to :
a. Take up key assignments in IT and associated industry
b. Undertake and excel in higher studies, and Research & Development in Computer Science
- To impart solid foundation in Engineering Maths, Science and Basics of Computer Fundamentals, Computer Architecture, Programming Skills, Databases, Algorithms, Software Design, Operating System, Networking, Network Security, Advance Computer Architecture Artificial Intelligence, and related areas.
- To provide broad based knowledge so as the students can design & develop novel products and innovative solutions for real life problems in Computer Science & Engineering field and related domains.
- To inculcate a conviction in the students to believe in self, impart professional and ethical attitude, nurture to be an effective team member, infuse leadership qualities, build proficiency in Soft-Skills, and the abilities to relate Engineering with the Social issues.
- To provide a conducive and disciplined Academic environment, quality of teaching with innovative & modern methods of pedagogy establishing the relevance of technical education as per the needs of the industry and society at large.
- An ability to apply knowledge on Engineering. Mathematics, Applied Sciences, and computing concepts.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data with particular reference to computing techniques.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process or innovate to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to understand and use Engineering management principles and manage projects in multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems, not only with reference to computing domain but also problems of interdisciplinary nature.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively with stake holders at all levels.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in research and life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues to widen the horizon of knowledge.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern computing tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT in pursuit of higher learning.
As per Charles Darwin “Survival of the fittest and elimination of weakest” is true in the omni-presence environment of computers. In today’s culture be it at workplace or at home, the need of computer literacy is increasing at every step of life. A degree in bachelor of computer science and engineering alone cannot solve the purpose but the awareness of new technologies in the field of computer helps to remain fit in the industries. To move at par with growing industries, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering is equipped with all the latest facilities such as:
- The department has state of the art infrastructure and computing equipment supported by high speed Ethernet and wireless networks.
- Department Computer Science has four Computer Labs equipped with state of the art IBM Quad Core Xeon Server, Core 2 Duo Pcs mostly with latest configuration there exist a complete range of software including IBM's Rational Enterprise Suite.
- All desktops in the department are interconnected through LAN and Internet enabled through Wi-Fi at 10 Mbps Bandwidth.
- Various student organizations like ‘Technovation’, 'IEEE Student Chapter', 'CCNA', 'MSIT' and many more remain active throughout the year.
- The department has tie up with various IT Companies and students are encouraged for technical interactions with industry. Such interactions are of immense important not only in maintaining the vitality of our programs, but also in continuing the up-gradation of our resources in classrooms and laboratories.