Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2008 with a vision to promote the technical excellence in Electrical and Electronics Engineering by offering programs to produce Engineers with dynamic well rounded personalities adaptable to ever increasing demands of emerging technologies involving analytical and practical skills, with commitment to research and development. The present intake for Electrical and Electronics Engineering is 120.
Department has established a Center of Excellence along with National Instruments, USA, and an Industrial Automation Research & Training Center (PLC & SCADA based automation) in collaboration with Rockwell Automation, USA, first of its kinds in entire North India, so as to encourage active participation with industry by faculty and students to take on practical problems of industry and to provide feasible solutions. The department has also setup a Machine Vision and Virtual Instrumentation lab for real time data acquisition using various types of smart sensors.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. This field first became an identifiable occupation in the latter half of the 19th century after commercialization of the electric telegraph, the telephone, and electric power distribution and use. Subsequently, broadcasting and recording media made electronics part of daily life. The invention of the transistor and, subsequently, the integrated circuit brought down the cost of electronics to the point where they can be used in almost any household object. We have been continuously working to establish tie-ups with institutions and industries of national and international repute and to foster building up of a wide knowledge base to keep in tune with ever increasing demands of technologies. Other well equipped Laboratories in the department are-
- Electrical Engineering Lab
- Network Lab
- Electrical Machine Lab
- Control System Lab
- Sensor & Instrumentation Lab
- Micro-controller & Microprocessor Lab
- Measurement & Instrumentation Lab
- Bio-medical Instrumentation Lab
- Simulation Lab (with MATLAB, MULTISIM, PSPICE etc.)
- Power System Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
To impart futuristic technical education and instill high patterns of discipline through our dedicated staff, who shall set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of society at large.
- To conduct the undergraduate programs with practical exposure, creating new knowledge and skill-sets by engaging in the research oriented approach and promoting the academic growth.
- To identify the areas of specialization needed in the industry, upon which the focus is needed.
- To promote creative thinking and innovations by the students and faculty.
- To develop strong industry –academia relationship, which offer long term opportunities and benefits.
- Strive for the continuous growth of the department by upgradation of the existing facilities and experimental setup in the department.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and creative leaders can emerge from the department.
- To nurture students and infuse professional ethics, human values and positive attitude in the students.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To provide solid foundation in electrical and electronics engineering along with good communication and entrepreneurship skills for tackling social issues.
- To impart students with good scientific and engineering knowledge in order to analyze, design and create novel products for giving practical solutions to real life problems.
- To create engineers with sound technical knowledge for facing all sorts of challenges in industry or in pursuance of higher studies.
- To motivate students acquire aptitude for lifelong learning along with leadership skills, team spirit and ethical values so that they upgrade themselves with the latest trends in the field of engineering in order to serve the society.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- An ability to identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to apply reasoning to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- An ability to specify, design and analyze systems that efficiently generate, transmit, distribute and utilize electrical power.
- An ability to analyze and design electrical machinery, electrical/electronic circuits, electrical/solid state drive systems, lighting systems and deliver technological solution by assimilating advances in allied disciplines.
- An ability to specify, design, implement and test analog and embedded signal processing electronic systems using the state of the art components and software tools.
- An ability to analyze, design and implement the learning in electrical instrumentation, control and automation applications.