PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To provide solid foundation in electrical and electronics engineering along with good communication and entrepreneurship skills for tackling social issues.
- To impart students with good scientific and engineering knowledge in order to analyze, design and create novel products for giving practical solutions to real life problems.
- To create engineers with sound technical knowledge for facing all sorts of challenges in industry or in pursuance of higher studies.
- To motivate students acquire aptitude for lifelong learning along with leadership skills, team spirit and ethical values so that they upgrade themselves with the latest trends in the field of engineering in order to serve the society.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- An ability to identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to apply reasoning to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- An ability to specify, design and analyze systems that efficiently generate, transmit, distribute and utilize electrical power.
- An ability to analyze and design electrical machinery, electrical/electronic circuits, electrical/solid state drive systems, lighting systems and deliver technological solution by assimilating advances in allied disciplines.
- An ability to specify, design, implement and test analog and embedded signal processing electronic systems using the state of the art components and software tools.
- An ability to analyze, design and implement the learning in electrical instrumentation, control and automation applications.