The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in year 2000 under the UPTU code 032. The Department was established with a vision to impart valuable education in the field of Electronics and its allied areas and provides a platform of research in upcoming fields. Since its inception, the department has been providing quality education to the students with the annual intake of 240 students in B.Tech and 18 students in M.Tech. A strong positive reputation of the department and college pulls companies like Sopra, TCS, IBM, Samsung India Limited and many more for campus recruitment.
The forte of the department of Electronics and Communication is in the areas of Digital Signal Processing, Communication, Soft-Computing, Computer Vision and VLSI design. It has a blend of analog and digital equipment for hardware design, microprocessor and microcontroller programming, independent computing facilities to perform simulation based design using MATLAB, wireless suite, Mathematical, Multisim and many more. Technical Co-curricular and extracurricular activities of the students include participation in paper presentation, workshops, seminars, quizzes, technical competitions and participation in cultural activities channelized through various clubs and events in ABES Engineering College.
To contribute to India and the world through excellence in education and research in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering and to serve as valuable resource for the industry and the society at large.
To create an environment which shall encourage the development of innovative professionals and researchers in the cutting edge technologies of Electronics & Communication Engineering in line with industry requirements and to impart professional ethics with positive attitude.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To impart the students sound technical knowledge and skills in the core & related science & mathematics subjects of Electronics & Communication Engineering so that they graduate as professionally competent engineers, capable of applying & implementing the skills acquired.
- To inculcate in the students to be innovative and passion to excel in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- To develop managerial and soft skills so that they become a confident personality worthy of taking challenging responsibility & leadership role in the industry & corporate.
- To equip them with solid foundation in ECE engineering so that they can pursue higher studies in the subject.
- To groom the students to acquire professional ethics, moral values and devotion to duty so that they prove to be worthy citizen of India with international outlook.
The program aims to achieve following attributes is an engineering graduate.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Be able to study, comprehend and test modern electronics wireless, optical fiber and data communication systems and networks used by the industries.
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- To be able to work effectively as an individual and as a member of a team or team leader including in a multidisciplinary project team.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively on complex engineering problems & make effective presentations.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and social context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- To be innovative, creative & research orientation in the field of Electronics & Communication.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice & higher studies.
- To learn project management skills of planning, implementation & monitoring including financial control and be industry ready and develop entrepreneur skills.
The term "Electronic and Communication Engineering" denotes a broad engineering field that covers domains such as analog electronics, digital electronics, consumer electronics, embedded systems and power electronics. Electronics engineering deals with implementation of applications, principles and algorithms developed within many related fields, for example solid-state physics, radio engineering, telecommunications, control systems, signal processing, systems engineering, computer engineering, instrumentation engineering, electric power control, robotics, and many others. The department has following state of the art fully equipped lab focused towards nurturing young minds in practical aspects besides theoretical back ground.
- Electronics Lab
- PCB & Electronics Workshop Lab
- “Docircuits” Virtual Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Power Electronics & Control Lab
- Optical fiber/Microwave Lab
- Communication Lab
- Digital Logic Design Lab
- Basic Electronics Lab
- Computer Aided Design of Electric Circuits (Cadec) Lab