The Department of Information Technology in ABES Engineering College is one of the oldest department which was established in year 2000. Initially this department started its journey with the intake of 60 students and now it is 120. The department follows a well proven pedagogy of imparting knowledge along with practical implementation of skills to young minds. Students of department of Information Technology, find placement in premier industries like TCS, IBM, HCL, Tech Mahindra, Birla Soft and many more from fortune 500 IT Companies.
The Department of Information Technology facilitates four year bachelor degree in Information Technology Engineering with UPTU code of 032. To impact a good quality engineering education in the field of IT, the department focuses on development of practical and application oriented minds. The students are trained through project based learning approach so that after B.Tech they are ready for joining IT industry. Department believes in preparing competitive platform so just after second year, IT students are trained to develop projects and they start participating in national and international project competition.
Apart from excellent academic activities students participate and win accolades in events, workshops, seminar held in IIT’s, NIT’s and other reputed institutions. They have won prizes in IBM sponsored TGMC projects in 2013.
A Bachelor of Information Technology Engineering is an undergraduate academic degree that generally requires four years of study. A degree in computer science can be expected to concentrate on the scientific aspects of computing, while a degree in information technology can be expected to concentrate on the business and communication applications of computing. There is more emphasis on these two areas in the e-commerce, e-business and business information technology. Aspiring towards the depth of Information Technology, department has given specially focus on infrastructure such as
- The Information Technology department has specially focused on the infrastructure such as the department has four Computer Labs equipped with state of the art IBM Quad Core Xeon Server, Core 2 Duo Pcs mostly with latest configuration and the complete range of software’s including IBM's Rational Enterprise Suite.
- All desktops in the department are interconnected through LAN and Internet enabled through Wi-Fi at 10 Mbps Bandwidth.
- The department provides state of the art four lecture rooms and five computer laboratories equipped with Pentium second generation computers, and latest software.
- Each class room and laboratory is equipped with LCD projectors and internet access.
The Department of Information Technology endeavors to be recognized globally for outstanding education and research leading to well qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of IT to cater the ever changing industrial demands and social needs.
To create a healthy environment for the development of innovative professional and researchers to fulfill its commitment to research & education of the highest quality with industry requirement and social acceptance at large.
Program Educational objectives (PEOs)
The broader objective of IT Department is to transform the students admitted to the program into globally competitive professionals having sound knowledge of fundamentals and capable with core competency in logical & computation analysis to solve Engineering Problems.
The detailed Program Educational objectives (PEOs) are as follows:
- To impart exhaustive knowledge to the students in all the sub-domains of Information Technology and the fast evolving IT tools to:
a) Take up key assignments in IT and associated industries.
b) Undertake and excel in higher studies and Research & Development in IT related fields and Management.
- To impart solid foundation in Computational Intelligence, Science and Interdisciplinary courses
- To design & develop novel products and innovative solutions for real life problems in Information Technology field and related domains.
- To inculcate a conviction in the students to believe in self, impart professional and ethical attitude, nurture to be an effective team member, infuse leadership qualities, build proficiency in Soft-Skills, and the abilities to relate Engineering with the Social issues.
- To provide a conducive and disciplined Academic environment, quality of teaching with innovative & modern methods of pedagogy establishing the relevance of technical education as per the needs of the industry and society at large.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
The detailed Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) are as follows:
- An ability to specify, analyze & design a usable computing system that efficiently utilizes system software and hardware to cover current user requirement in a socially and economically acceptable form.
- An ability to state, design and implement a secure and reliable information communication system by using concepts of computer networks, network security, information theory and parallel algorithm.
- An ability to state, design and implement knowledge based discovery and machine based learning in computer system by using the various concepts of soft computing, neural networks, image processing, digital system design and artificial intelligence.
- An ability to analyze and design an efficient information management system which uses the concepts & tools of databases, data mining and information coding and deliver technological solutions for the end users.