B.Tech in Information Technology is an undergraduate academic degree that generally requires four years of study. A degree in computer science can be expected to concentrate on the scientific aspects of computing, while a degree in information technology can be expected to concentrate on the business and communication applications of computing. Aspiring towards the depth of Information Technology, department has given specially focus on infrastructure such as:
- The Information Technology department has specially focused on the infrastructure such as the department has four Computer Labs equipped with state of the art IBM Quad Core Xeon Server, Core 2 Duo Pcs mostly with latest configuration and the complete range of software’s including IBM's Rational Enterprise Suite.
- All desktops in the department are interconnected through LAN and Internet enabled through Wi-Fi at 355 Mbps Bandwidth.
- The department provides state of the art four lecture rooms and five computer laboratories equipped with Pentium second generation computers, and latest software.
- Each class room and laboratory is equipped with LCD projectors and internet access
Use of Linux in lab:
- Degree of customization is better in Linux Lab. Students can learn operating system customization, shell programming, direct access to kernel with the help of this operating system.
- Use of Linux in lab helps in preparing low cost lab within stipulated time.
Use of Open Source Software in Lab:
- IT department labs are almost running with the help of open source software. These software are free to use, distribute and modify.
- Students can design their own classes /features in open source software and submit it to the open source software community.