The Department is involved with significant Research work in Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. Work on development a search engine for 'Content Based Image Retrieval' is at advanced stage. The other Areas where the department faculty is involved with research work are :
- Studying the effects of vector quantization on Motion vectors for Block Matching Algorithms.
- Use of Artificial Neural Networks in medical image processing.
- Development of a model for production planning forecasting of an automobile industry using neuro-fuzzy back-propagation algorithm.
- Development of algorithms for the data retrieval from the huge data ware house.
- Development of a model for Text-Classification using Deep Learning algorithm.
- Sentiment Analysis for Twitter-data using Convolution Neural Networks for Sentence Classification.
- Natural Language Processing for Text Classification using Tensor-flow.