ABESEC Startup Labs
The journey of entrepreneurship at ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad was started with the support of AICTE, New Delhi in year 2009 by sanctioning Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) vide letter no. 8022/RID/EDC (55.)/2008-09 dated 11.02.2009. It is an initiative to expedite the culture of entrepreneurship amongst the students and faculty members of ABESEC through various programmes and activities.
In year 2014 the EDC was merged into Business Incubator recognized by Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise, Govt. of India. The Business Incubator at ABESEC is now known as “ABESEC Startups Lab (ASL)”. The ASL is now capable to provide complete support for launching a startup along with extend the support to academics departments for R&D, consultancy & IP protection. The institute’s management has provided dedicated state-of-art space of around 16000 sq. ft. to build incubation facilities like dedicated working space, conference/meeting room, workshop, computer lab etc. The experienced and knowledgeable mentors’ pool connected with ASL provides support to students in its entrepreneurial journey.
Vision & Mission
Reduce the risk of doing innovation or business through mentoring and support to youth willing to become Innovator or Entrepreneur.
- 01Create an ecosystem for nurturing young mind by way of spreading innovation & entrepreneurial culture and quality incubation support.
- To spread the culture of entrepreneurship & innovation in the society
- To motivate youth to become “job creator rather than job seeker”
- To provide all possible support to test his/her business idea or innovation
- To develop engineering/management faculty as mentor
- To establish the connect between SMEs and Academics for R&D and consultancy opportunity Support & Services