Vision & Quest (ISSN No.: 0975-8410) is a bi-annual International Journal of the ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad. It is published twice a year in January and July. The objective of the Journal is to provide research and information support to the academicians, researchers, corporate sector and policy makers so as to equip them with the latest development & trends in the areas of Management and all areas of Engineering.
Journal provides an international forum for scientists and engineers involved in all aspects of Science, Technology & Management, Promotes insight and understanding of the state of the art, and trends in technology, Includes original research and innovative applications from all parts of the world and also Present new research, and selected conference papers.
The Journal also provides an international forum for scientists and engineers involved in all aspects of Science, Technology & Management to publish high quality, refereed papers. The journal offers survey and review articles from experts in the field, promoting insight and understanding of the state of the art, and trends in technology. The contents include original research and innovative applications from all parts of the world. The Journal publishes Research Papers, Articles, Case Studies, Book Reviews, Bibliography, etc. While the journal presents mostly previously unpublished materials, selected conference papers with exceptional merit are also published, at the discretion of the editors.
Call for Papers
We feel immense pleasure to inform you that ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad (U.P.), one of the pioneer institutions in the field of Engineering is publishing a bi-annual International Journal of Science, Technology & Management titled “VISION& QUEST” ISSN No: 0975-8410. The journal is being published for past seven years to disseminate quality research work among the researchers and to enhance creativity amongst academicians. It also captivates innovative ideas and acts as a bridge between industry and academia and provides a platform to the scholars and professionals to share their knowledge and expertise in the form of their write-ups. Research contributions are solicited in all areas pertinent to the conference theme and including the following:
COMPUTATIONAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
Intelligent and Bio-inspired Computing, Distributed and Parallel Computing, Multi-core and GPU Computing, Database and Data Mining - Cluster, Grid, P2P and Cloud Computing - Mobile Computing - CSE Education - Scientific and Engineering Computing - Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing - Advanced Networking and Applications - Security, Privacy and Trust - Service and Internet Computing - Dependable, Reliable and Autonomic Computing - CSE applications (bioinformatics, global optimization problems, computer graphics and multimedia, data mining, signal and image processing, etc)
COMMUNICATIONS & NETWORKING
Channel measurements and modeling - Coding and modulation techniques - OFDM technology - Cognitive Radio - Antennas and propagation - MIMO - theory and trials - Spread Spectrum and CDMA systems - Space-time coding, Ultra Wide-Band Communications - Broadband Wireless Access, Next-generation Networks, Secure communications - Mobile ad-hoc, Mesh, Cooperative, Sensor Networks - Home networking -Cross Layer Design -Embedded Internet devices “ New and enhanced services - Resource and information management - Adaptive QoS provisioning - End-to-end QoS - Optical Communications and Networks
POWER & ENERGY
Power Quality - Smart Grids - Design, Control and Management “ Demand Response “ Advanced Metering Infrastructure “ Interoperability Standards - Home Energy Management Systems “ Protection - RAM (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability) - Grid integration of renewable energy source -plug-in electric vehicles - co-energy - distributed generation - efficiency and conservation - Solar energy - Hydro energy - Wind energy - wind turbines - Ocean energy: tidal and wave -Biomass, Biofuels - Energy Harvesting - other alternative and renewable means of power generation
SIGNAL PROCESSING & VLSI
Signal Processing Algorithms & Architectures - Smart antennas and tracking algorithms “ Signal separation & identification - Adaptive and Array Signal Processing - Audio, Speech, Image & Video Signal Processing - Underwater Communications and Signal Processing - VLSI for Communication & Signal Processing - Non-linear and Biomedical Signal Processing “ Spoken Language Processing - Unconventional Applications of Signal Processing - Compressive Sensing and Applications - Detection and Estimation Techniques - Emerging Trends in VLSI - Nanoelectronics -MEMS, VLSI Circuits and Systems - Field-programmable and Reconfigurable Systems - System Level Design - System-on-a-Chip Design - System Issues in Complexity “ Low Power, Heat Dissipation - Power Awareness in VLSI Design - Test and Verification - Mixed- Signal Design and Analysis - Electrical/Packaging Co-Design
INTERDISCIPLINARY & HUMANITARIAN ENGINEERING
Disaster management - Distributed Generation & Communications Solutions for Isolated - Communities, Solutions for the Differently-abled - Space Applications for Development - Preventive Humanitarian Action - Environmental Engineering - Climate Change Mitigation & Adaptations - Sustainable Energy Use -Education Technologies - Enabling Technologies for Human Development - Engineering for Common Property Resources (Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries) - ICT use in Social Development, Biomedical and Medical Technologies Logistics & Transportation Engineering, Water Resources Management, e-Waste engineering.
- Paper Submission deadline : 31st Oct, 2016/30th April, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance : 10th Dec 2016/10th June, 2017
- Camera ready Paper Submission Deadline : 15th Dec 2016/15th June, 2017
- Finalized Papers to be sent for printing after review of final draft by editorial team: 15th Dec 2016/15th June, 2017
Preparation and submission of manuscripts:-
Vision & Quest seeks original papers of the highest quality, which will be accessible to a broad audience. Papers should be written in a way that a non-specialist can understand the main ideas.
A. Submission procedure
Authors are requested to send soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org .No need to say paper should be according to formatting specification mentioned in Annexure No.1.
B. Selection Process:-
The selection of the papers is done through a Blind Review Process (Reviewers don’t know about authors details, name, designation etc). All paper are reviewed by at least Two Reviewers/Experts and they provide score out of 100 and top highest scorer papers will be published in our journal on quality basis without any charges.
The authors whose papers are selected for publishing in Vision & Quest will be informed.
C. After Acceptance
Once a manuscript is accepted, authors are requested to again properly check the formatting specification before submitting the final version of the paper (Camera ready copy) and copyright transfer form for publication. The authors are requested to send final version of the paper both in hard copy and soft copy.
Guidelines for Contributors
The Contributors are requested to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The main text should not contain the author's name or affiliation. The face sheet should contain a declaration by the author(s) stating that the article / research paper has not been published or not been submitted or accepted for publication by any other journal, magazines or publishing organization.
- Tables and figures should be appropriately made and adjusted in the manuscript at a proper place. The numbering of tables, figures and graphs in the text should be clearly indicated along with a brief caption at the bottom of each figure and tile at the top of each table.
- Authors must submit hard copy along with a soft copy of manuscript as an e- mail attachment on email@example.com in MS word. There should not be any difference between hard copy and electronic version of the paper.
The Specifications for formatting are -/p>
- Page size : 8.5” x 11.0”
(a) Top : 0.75”
(b) Bottom : 1.0 “
(c) Left : 0.75”
(d) Right : 0.63”
- Font : Times New Roman
(a) Title : 24 pt. bold
(b) Author Name : 11 pt.
(c) Author details : 11 pt.
(d) E-mail : 10 pt.
(e) Abstract : 9 pt. bold
(f) Heading : Upper Case 12 pt. bold with roman numbering
(g) Sub Heading : Sentence Case 11 pt. bold with alphabet characters numbering
(h) For figure labels : 8 pt. bold (Example Fig. 1 ………………….Caption)
(i) For Tables : 8 pt. bold (Example TABLE 1 .…………… Caption)
(j) Text : 10 pt.
(k) Reference section : 9 pt.
- Space before paragraph : 10 pt.
- Space after paragraph : 6 pt.
Example: with reference to S.No. 4 (b),(c),(d)--------It is as per IEEE standard
Font: Times New Roman
AuthorsName/sper1stAffiliation(Line 1 Author)< font size:11>
Author’s Dept. and nameoforganization(Line 2 of Affiliation ) < font size:10>
City,Country (line3) < font size:10>
firstname.lastname@example.org – optional (line4) < font size:10>
- The text box should not be used in the document. Insert all the pictures/ drawing in the documents as inline graphics. The caption of the picture/drawing should be in Times New Roman Font, 9pt Bold.
- The articles should not contain footnotes. References should be given at the end of the manuscript and must be completed in all respect and alphabetically arranged.
- Manuscripts not consider for publication will be sent back to the author in due course of time. Acceptance of the paper for publication shall be informed after review through e-mail.
- Contributor(s) to Journal will receive a complimentary copy of the respective issue along with 5 reprints of their article.
- The submitted manuscript may be subjected to substantial editing so that he paper conforms to our standard.
- Manuscripts and all editorial correspondence should be made to the Journal's Editor-in Chief.
Editorial and Brief profile of Editor In Chief