Master of Computer Applications
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Graduates of the programme will have successful technical and professional careers.
- Graduates of the programme will continue to learn and to adapt in a world of constantly evolving technology.
- Graduates of the programme will display high ethical standards and be good citizens.
Programme Outcomes (PO)
- Computational Knowledge-Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization, mathematics, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialization to the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements.
- Problem Analysis-Identify, formulate, research literature, and solve complex computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, computing sciences and relevant domain disciplines.
- Design /Development of Solutions-Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, and design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex Computing problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage-Create, select, adapt and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern computing tools to complex computing activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Professional Ethics-Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities and norms of professional computing practices.
- Life-long Learning-Recognize the need, and have the ability, to engage in independent learning for continual development as a computing professional.
- Project management and finance-Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the computing and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communication Efficacy-Communicate effectively with the computing community, and with society at large, about complex computing activities by being able to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and understand clear instructions.
- Societal and Environmental Concern-Understand and assess societal, environmental, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues within local and global contexts, and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional computing practices.
- Individual and Team Work-Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship-Identify a timely opportunity and using innovation to pursue that opportunity to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
Programme specific outcomes (PSO)
- The ability to design and develop computing systems using the concepts of mathematics, computer engineering and other related disciplines to achieve customer goals.
- Ability to test and analyse the quality of various subsystems and to integrate them in order to evolve a larger computing system.