||A focus on design inspires innovation and enhances creativity for self, builds the foundation and provides the edge for competitive success required in today’s dynamic environment for engineers. A major project of it is a part of UG curriculum which runs in two consequent semesters of final year. To improve the quality of projects, ECE department has state of art Project lab that harnesses the creative and innovative aspiring minds to put their imagination into reality. The lab provides all necessary facilities so as our students can work efficiently towards gaining a good hands-on experience on latest technologies and build an attitude for developing new technologies.
The lab has several sections, as per the requirement of the Projects:
- Designing of Project.
- Designing Desk for simulation and Layout Software:- PCB Express CAD, Express SCH-CAD, Proteus 8.0 Professional, TINA-TI(Texas Instruments), APM-KEIL
- Hardware Implementation
- Testing and Verification.
- Project Reference Reading (for Reports and Datasheets)
- Electronic ICU (For the consultancy projects, provided by different companies and for R&D purpose). This lab has all basic software and simulation tools used by a communication engineer for designing and testing communication circuits and networks.
|Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab
- Familiarize the architecture of 8085 processor, assembly language programming and interfacing with various modules.
- The student can also understand the concepts of 8051 Microcontroller, its architecture, programming and applications.
- Student will be able to analyse any type of embedded systems, industrial and real time applications by applying the concepts of Microprocessor and Microcontrollers.
|Optical, Antenna and Microwave Lab
- Laboratory curriculum have been designed to impart the practical concept of Optical fibre /Microwave lab /networking like study of latency , effect of noise , study of klystron, electron gun etc.
- Apart from these they also study for networking protocols like FTP,HTTP, serial communication protocol etc.
- Laboratory curriculum has been designed to impart practical concept of analog and digital communication like Modulation techniques (analog and digital), error correcting codes etc.
- Latest equipment like MSO, Spectrum Analyser etc, sanctioned through MODROB for advanced experiments. Our students can also go through the noise analysis and multiplexing techniques, waveform generation etc.
|Analog Electronics Lab
- This lab complements the electronic device circuit’s course. Students will gain practical experience with designing and implementing concepts of electronic devices and circuits such as diodes, transistor configurations, rectifiers, biasing circuits and amplifiers etc.
|Integrated Circuits Lab
- This is to expose basic circuit concepts, circuit modelling and methods of circuit analysis in time domain and frequency domain for designing circuits including DC and AC circuit theory and network theorems.
- The laboratory exercises are designed to give students ability to design, build and implement basic AC and DC circuits.
- It also facilitates the student to learn the basic of logic design, IC design concepts and to develop a mini project as conclusion to his/her learning.
|Computer Aided Design Lab
- The main objective of this lab is to make the students well versed with basic circuit designing using Electronic components and circuits onto the computer system. The students can –
- Understand the nature and scope of modern electronics.
- Describe physical models of basic components.
- Design and construct simple electronic circuits to accomplish a specific function, e.g., designing amplifiers, ADC converters etc.
- Understand their capabilities and limitations and make decisions regarding their best utilization in a specific situation.
- Tools like Cadence Design systems, Xilinx, Mentor Graphics are available for simulation of not only IC’s but also for layout of IC’s with post layout simulation.
|Electronics Design and Control Lab
- Students get exposure to MATLAB software with different toolboxes for design and analysis.
- They get the basic knowledge on practical control system and PLC applications.
- They also get the knowledge on applications of machines & electronic devices with control systems.
|Electronics Workshop PCB and Measurement Lab
- The students get exposure to design, simulate and formation of various PCB boards using industry standard PCB design software tools like Orcad PCB Design which help the students to apply knowledge of engineering to design and conduct experiments using PCB designing software.
- Lab is also equipped with different measurement kits to analyse and understand the measurement process.
|Digital Electronics Lab
- This lab includes- Creating the appropriate truth table from a description of a combinational logic function.
- Create a gate-level implementation of a combinational logic function described by a truth table using and/or/inv gates, muxes or ROMs, and analyse its timing behaviour.
- Create a state transition diagram from a description of a sequential logic function and then convert the diagram into an implementation of a finite-state machine with the appropriate combinational and sequential components.
- Describe the operation and timing constraints for latches and registers.
- Draw a circuit diagram for a sequential logic circuit and analyse its timing properties (input setup and hold times, minimum clock period, output propagation delays).
- Evaluate combinational and sequential logic designs using various metrics: switching speed, throughput/latency, gate count and area, energy dissipation and power.