- A guest lecture was organized for the faculty members of Mechanical Engineering Department on the topic “IPR and its benefits for academicians and institution” on 22 Dec 2017. The lecture was delivered by Mr. Govind Sharma, from National Research Development Corporation (An Enterprise of DSIR, Ministry of science & Technology, Government of India).
- A guest lecture was organized for the faculty members of Mechanical Engineering Department on the topic “How to write a good quality research article” on 30 Dec 2017. The lecture was delivered by Dr. Sanjay Sen Gupta, Principal Scientist, NISCAIR, (Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India), New Delhi.
- A Guest lecture on “Processing of Green Composites by Microwave Energy” was conducted by Mr. ManabendraSaha (Sr.Asst. Professor,ABES EC) on 02 Feb 2018.
- An interactive Hangout Session for NCER (NOE-081) was conducted by Prof. PrathapHaridas on 6th April, 2018.
- A Guest Lecture was conducted for final year students on 16th April, 2018, on the topic“Welding Practice in Industrial Application”. This lecture was delivered by Mr. S. K. Bhandari (Former HOD, Department of Mechanical Engineering at United College of Engineering & Research, Gr. Noida).
- One week AICTE recognized short term course on “Advance Manufacturing Methods” through ICT was organized in Sponsored by NITTTR Chandigarh from March 5- March 9, 2018. This short term course was organized by Mr. ManabendraSaha (Sr. Assistant Professor).
- One week AICTE recognized short term course on “Modelling and Simulation using MATLAB” through ICT was organized in Sponsored by NITTTR Chandigarh from Jan 22- Jan 26, 2018. This short term course was organized by Mr. ManabendraSaha (Sr. Assistant Professor).
- One week AICTE recognized short term course on “Renewable and Clean Energy Technologies” through ICT was organized in Sponsored by NITTTR Chandigarh from Nov 13- Nov 17, 2017.This short term course was organized by Prof. (Dr.) Ashish Malik.
- One week AICTE recognized short term course on “Product Design and Development” through ICT was organized in Sponsored by NITTTR Chandigarh from Nov 6- Nov 10, 2017. This short term course was organized by Mr. ManabendraSaha (Sr. Assistant Professor).
- 6 weeks Technology based Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (TEDP) conducted – 11.01.2018 to 21.02.2018.
Keeping the needs and importance of entrepreneurship and innovation in economic development & growth of the country, Mechanical Engineering Department and ABESEC Startups Lab was jointly organized 6 weeks Technology based Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (TEDP) on “Industrial Component Designing”.
The programme was designed in such a manner that it would provide entrepreneurial skills along with technical skills on the identified trades. During 2 weeks entrepreneurial training the participants are exposed about various content like Development of Entrepreneurial Behaviour, Business Idea selection process, POC, Prototype and final product development, Launching of own startup, Business incubation support system for startups, IPR (patent, copyright management, financial management etc.), Funding support for your 1st enterprise, Industry visit and interaction with SMEs.
The objective of programme was to develop participants as techno-entrepreneurs (technology based startups) and help the institution to uplift their business incubation process, as the trained participants may join the business incubator set by your institution.
Shri Vijay Kumar Director, MSME-DI, New Delhi and Shri M K Sharma, Asst. Director, MSME-DI were the chief guests of the valedictory function.
The above program is sponsored by Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India under DST-NIMAT Project 2017-18 and a financial support has been received from the ministry to conduct the program.
In recent years, the Department of Mechanical Engineering has organized various guest lectures for their students. Many national and international speakers with their vast experience in different disciplines of mechanical engineering have delivered lectures on various aspects of the discipline and its importance and relevance in the contemporary world.. The lectures were generally arranged considering the recent advancements and trends in the present engineering research areas and how it can benefit students in their future endeavors. Some of the guest lecture details are
|Mr. Manabendra Saha (Sr.Asst.professor,ABES EC)||Processing of Green Composites by Microwave Energy||02 Feb 2018|
|Mr. S. K. Bhandari||welding Technology||16th April, 2018|
|Dr.Sanjay Sen Gupta ,Principal Scientist and editor of Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research(JSIR)||An interactive Hangout Session for NCER (NOE-081)||6th April, 2018|
|Prof. Prathap Haridas||How to write a good quality research paper||December 30, 2017|
|Mr. Govind Sharma, Certified and Registered Patent Agent||IPR and its benefits||December 22, 2017|
|Mr. Ramesh Rana, HCL Technologies Ltd, Engineering Research Services, Pune and Mr. A. K. Bhattacharya, Plant Quality Head, Sterling Generators, Mumbai||Expectations of Industries from Mechanical Engineering Graduates||October 24, 2017|
|Mr. Mahesh Patil, Research Scholar in Nano Thermal Fusion Lab||Advances in Electric Vehicle Technology||March 01, 2017|
|Pietro del Sorbo, ENSAM ·||Simulation and Finite Element Analysis||November 17, 2016|