Environ Club play an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation.
It is a platform where we get knowledge about environment. It also enables the students to be sensitive towards environmental concern to tackle environmental problems.
Objectives of Environ Club
- To Promote Awareness Of And Care For The Environment And To Experience Nature Intimately.
- To create a clean and green consciousness among students through various innovative methods.
- To mobilize students towards scientific enquiry into environmental problem.
- To involve them in efforts to preserve environment.
- To motivate students how to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation.
- Action based activities like tree plantation (herbal garden), cleanliness drives both within and outside the school campus.
- Writing and Poster making competitions to make students presenting their views
- Organizing rallies, marches, human chains and street theatre at public places with a view to spread environmental awareness, If possible on EARTH DAY (April 22), WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY or ECO DAY (June 5).
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- Sticker messages in classrooms regarding energy conservation.
- Small smart composter projects.