The Department of Computer Science & Engineering, ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad has conducted one-week FDP on “Outcome Based Pedagogic Principle for Effective Teaching & Learning” from 22nd April – 26th April 2019. The inaugural session was graced by Prof. Dr. Kishore, as chief guest and Prof Dr. Vinod K. Shanwal., Prof (Dr.) Vijay Anant Athavale, Director, ABESEC, Prof (Dr.) Shailesh Tiwari, Head, CS Dept. and other distinguished guests from research and academics started the programme on 22nd April 2019. Prof. Kishore described explicitly the necessity of outcome based education and How it is required to adopt the methodologies and techniques for effective teaching. Various eminent speakers from different reputed institutions delivered talk to make teaching learning process more comprehensible, focused and result oriented. Faculties working in different institutions affiliated from AKTU were invited to get benefit from this golden opportunity.
Around 50 faculty members participated from different organizations with great zeal and passion. They learned different aspects of outcome based education like innovative methods of teaching and research, outcome based education: opportunities and challenges, faculty contribution in outcome based education etc. The eminent speakers defined very well the methods to enhance the learning of students in every course. They completely explained the need of research and development activities, practical exposure of students, use of different methods of teaching like power point presentation (ppt), videos, working models etc. They advised the faculties to be aware of latest tools, techniques, and working procedures and initiate industry oriented projects to be handled by students. The participants actively participated in all sessions. They asked questions and got valuable and satisfactory answers from eminent speakers. Speakers of the FDP discussed in detail, how to write CO, mapping of CO –PO and PO attainment calculation. Documentation process and their presentation during inspection has been also presented in this FDP.
Outcome of the FDP
After attending the FDP, participants will be able to
• Demonstrate the basic philosophy of Outcome Based Education, Assessment and evaluation
• Understand the taxonomy of Teaching, Learning and Assessing the outcomes
• Formulate and distinguish PEOs, POs, PSOs, GAs and Cos
• Identify, design and deploy appropriate assessment tools for PEOs, PSOs, POs and Cos
• Identify the scope for continuous improvement and to propose corrective measures
• Independently assess all the criteria in NBA’s SAR.
The major topics that will be covered in FDP are:
• Outcome Based Education.
• Vision, Mission, PEOs and PSOs
• Course Outcomes and Program Outcomes
• Outcome Based Evaluation and NBA Validation Criteria
• Pedagogical Issues and Academic Auditing
• Pedagogy tool demo and case studies
• Effective use of ICT tools for Education and Learning
• Student feedback and its role for improvement