Department of CSE is going to organize a Guest Lecture on the topic
of “Educational Products for Skill Enhancement” by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) iON.
With the vision of empowering higher education learners across colleges, gain a competitive edge in academics and employability, iON is presently working on creating a series of innovative educational products for higher education learners.
As you will understand, user feedback on these products in the early phases of development are critical to helping evolve products that deliver maximum value and utility to end-users, that is, learners.
To help get such feedback, we are keen to engage with students at your prestigious institutions. We believe that your students can contribute valuable with their feedback which will help in evolving features and functionalities that will be beneficial, not just for them specifically, but will have an impact on the wider student community in India.
These sessions would involve:
1) Presentations to students on the product using prototypes to introduce the products.
2) Where possible, students to spend some time with the product to get a hands-on feel for the product.
3) Getting feedback from students on the products based on the presentations made and hands-on experience of the students.
The session would be conducted on campus by TCS product research specialists.
To start with, we intend to conduct the first of such research sessions for the 2 following products from TCS iON:
1) TCS iON GuruCool: a series of innovative social learning communities for academic subjects like C, C++ and Java programming. These learning communities offer access to lectures, content and doubt resolutions directly from academicians and authors as a community moderator.
2) TCS iON Industry Honor certification: is a series of a programme that offers institutions a portfolio of industry designed courses aligned with academic curriculum on industry-relevant skills. Institute can integrate these courses with their graduation programme and offer it to their students for academic credits.
Date: 4th October 2019 (Friday)
Time: 3:00 PM. – 4:30 P.M.
Venue: Seminar Hall – 3 Raman Block.
Resource Person: Aditi Srivastava (Tata Consultancy Services)
Beneficiaries: 2nd Year Students
Prof.(Dr.) Pankaj Kumar Sharma Coordinators:
HOD CSE/ CEIT Amit Kumar Agarwal
Mradul Kumar Jain